Friday, January 22, 2010

Sunrise! Sunset!




One of the many traits I love about my husband is how he adores me and our 5 daughters.

When we were courting and there were beautiful sunrises or sunsets he would tell me that he had ordered them for me. I felt so special when he would say this.

It was only natural when our children came along that he continued the tradition.

It fills my heart with joy when I hear the girls say in all tones of great excitement:

"MOM! Look! Dad ordered another beautiful sunset(sunrise) just for us! He is soooo thoughtful!"

And then we take a few moments to oooooo and aaaahhhh over the beauty he ordered just for us, and how blessed we are to have such a wonderful Dad and Husband.

I am grateful my husband plays an active role in our daughters lives. I just feel bad for the future potential men in their lives as our daughter's father has set a high standard of how they are to be treated.






This is a picture he took of me on our anniversary September 2009. We were on our way out on our hot date and there was a beautiful sunset going on so he took a picture of me in the last rays of the day.

8 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Aaaaawwwww:-) Great post, it made my heart happy!!!!!!

Denise said...

That is SO sweet. What a good hubby you have!

Jasmin said...

Loved that post! So sweet! You do have a pretty awesome hubby. I have to add this too though... it makes me think of something my mom has up on her wall that someone gave her years ago. It says something like, "Parents who feel they are lucky in their children often have children lucky in their parents." I would also change it to read, "Wives who feel they are lucky in their husbands often have husbands lucky in their wives." You're awesome Pam!

Jasmin said...

Oh, and that's a beautiful picture of you. As pretty as the sunsets!

Adrienne said...

That is simply adorable.

MotherToMany said...

Wow! That picture made you look like Wendy. That was weird! LOL It's beautiful though! At least you made a post! BTW did you get my message? LMK if you have any maternity clothes I could borrow. Thanks.

That Girl said...

I love that Jared loves you.

Harmony said...

Awwww, that's so sweet. I love how he "orders" the sunset. That is so sweet, and to hear your daughters repeat it? How precious!