Thursday, April 28, 2011

My New Journal

For the past 5 years I have documented every single day of my life, that is until the end of last November. I think that with all of the change that happened at the same time I put it on the back burner. I felt that a piece of me was missing. I figured out that I wasn't doing what I enjoy doing and that is recording what went on in our daily lives on a consistent basis. After thinking about what I could do I differently, I realized getting back to blogging would be the answer. Except now it will be more of a personal recording.

Thursday April 28, 2011

I got to bed around midnight last night and boy did I feel it this morning. It was nice that Jared did not have to leave until later in the morning. So I snuck in a half an hour more of sleep. Sera was up bright and early because she was so excited to be going to the zoo. Anytime one of the girls would come in to the room I told them to go downstairs to spend time with Dad. I finally got up about 6:45, showered and got ready. I got the girls lunches ready. Sera wanted her hair put up in pig tails. As I was doing her hair I suggested that she wear her pioneer bonnet for a hat when she was at the zoo. She informed me that that was not going to happen, and that if she did do that then she would be the only one wearing a bonnet and that would be weird. She opted for a girlish baseball cap.

After the two older girls left for school, I packed everyone else up and we headed over to a friends home to play. It is always such a joy for me to visit with my friends. The kids played beautifully. Eliza enjoyed getting in and out of the kiddie pool. Her diaper looked like this big bulge. Kady and one of friends son role played and pretended. It is so cute to me to listen to little people role play. Their little voices figuring out who's gonna be who and who's gonna say what.

Around one we wrapped things up and headed home. On my way home I had thought of my best friend back in Michigan. I planned to call her once we got home. We we arrived home, Eliza had fallen asleep, so I got her to her bed. When I got Daniel out he had, had a blow out, so I cleaned him up.

I thought to check the phone to see if anyone had called, and to my surprise my best friend from Michigan had called and left a message. I love when things like this happen!

I gave her a call and we talked for about an hour. She was having "one of those days". I hate those kind of days. It was so wonderful to catch up.


This morning I had a thought to call a friend here where we live to see if I could watch her youngest while the rest of her family went to her kindergartners spring concert thing. I am glad she let me watch him, because we all know how fun a 2 year old can be when you are suppose to sit still and be quiet. She dropped him off about dinner time. He cried for a moment until the girls came to his rescue and mothered him to happiness. I love that our girls are so kind and considerate.

I made tacos for dinner. Always a hit with the kids. they especially love building their own tacos. It is one of those meals that I close my eyes half shut because it is quite messy. By the end of the meal our table looks like a taco has sneezed all over it. It is worth it though. Messes can always be cleaned up.

Eliza has had diarrhea for 2 days now. A sure sign that teeth will be coming. At least that has always been the case with all of the children when they cut teeth. 2 year molars, here you come!


Jared has been working like crazy. They have a retreat today and tomorrow and he has put a lot of work into making sure it turns out well. Of course it will! Because he is fabulous at what he does.

Tuesday night I tried staying up with him, but by 1:30 a.m. my body had, had enough of being awake. Goodnight honey. see you in a few hours. It may have taken me a full 10 seconds before I passed out on my pillow. My body was so tired when I woke up a few hours later to start the day. I got a brief nap mid day, and that helped me get through the rest of the day.

My sister is letting me borrow this baby thing. It is my lifesaver and Daniels too. If I leave him on the floor when Eliza is up, he ends up getting a nice pile drive and Eliza plops right on him and then proceeds to give the biggest, wettest kiss right on the nose.
During the girls spring break a few weeks back, I had them help me clean our beautiful plantain shudders. I keep old holey sock and we use those to dust with. They worked wonderfully.


Eliza and Lucy were in charge of the table area blinds.

Sera wanted her hair to be curly, so we put her hair in about 7 little buns. It curled up real nice.

I LOVE this girl! I tell her all the time that she is my favorite Kady. Her age is one of my favorite too. 3 years olds are the best in my opinion. I seriously could listen to her play all day.

This above picture and below picture were taken a while back at our local library. This particular night they had the BYU ballet company performing a very condensed version of their full ballet they were going to be performing somewhere in Mesa or Phoenix that weekend. The girls loved watching them. Afterward they wanted to play in the very green lush grass. It reminded us of Michigan.

Eliza stuffing her mouth with Easter candy.

Emma got her ears pierced this past month for her birthday. She has done such a great job at taking care of them and making sure she cleans them daily.

This picture I took that same night as the ballet thing and I just black and whited it.

2 comments:

Denece said...

Thanks for the post! I miss seeing what's going on in your lives! The kids are getting so big!!!!

Marcia said...

I'm so glad you're back! I love reading about all you're doing.