Sunday, April 5, 2009

Healthy!

I am of the opinion that as women and as Mothers, especially of daughters, that it is important that we talk well of ourselves.

Of course when our children come to a certain age they start getting influenced by society, but tonight I realized that what we teach our children is incredibly important. Duh right!

Jared and I were starting to clean up dinner while Emma and Sera were finishing some food at the table in the other room when Emma calls out "Mmmmmmoooooooomm!"

Sera whispering in the background, "No Emma don't say it!"

Emma: "Sera said that your bum is fat but healthy"

Jared and I just started to laugh.

I do not think I have ever, in front of the girls, said that my bum was fat. But (no pun intended) I know that when they have stated to me that they thought my bum was big, I always responded by saying "No my bum is healthy!"

One of my friends once said, "I am skinny I just happen to have a layer or two of fat over my skinniness!"

Just thought I would remind the blog universe that what we tell ourselves either vocally or internally really does influence how we behave, and maybe how others treat us. The End!

4 comments:

CK Nethercott aka Mom said...

Pam- that is hilarious! I love it when kids keep us humble. It's an unavoidable thing with girls that they get body conscious way too young (and that includes everyone around them as well as themselves). I always tell my kids that I have passed on all my faults to them so they will always remember mom when they look in the mirror (and eat those comments)!

Rachel Sue said...

I love it! And you are so right! My SIL is obssessed with dieting, and now her 14 yr old, who is literally a twig, thinks she is fAT. So not healthy.

That Girl said...

Thanks. You are abso-tutely right.

Valerie said...

Good point! I have a hard time not saying out loud the negative things I think about myself, but I don't want my kids to hear those things and then think them about themselves or think I'm thinking them about them.

That is so fun that we both know people serving in the Mexico City temple. Well, the couple I know is now in the MTC, but will be there next week. Also, thanks for the alfredo recipe. I loooove homemade alfredo and the jarred just doesn't taste the same, but every few months I'll buy a jar for a busy day.