Thursday, September 9, 2010

No particular subject

i keep on getting lots of great ideas to write about and i think in that moment "oh this will be a great topic to write about, I most definitely will not forget about it!"


and every single time i forget. what is worse is i have not corrected this problem i just continue to think i will remember, and then i forget. whatever.


as excited as our home is to welcome a new person to the fun, i wanted to document some of the true feelings i have had about adding a different gender to the group.


i was completely terrified. was being the key word in that sentence. for some reason going out to utah and being around all of our family helped me switch my thinking. i now find myself thinking about our little boy and anticipating his arrival.


speaking of arrivals. Monday on labor day, yeah i just about went into labor several time. our home was built in 1940. it is old. anyway, you know the girls and i were pretty much gone for the whole month of august. jared was gone at work and then to various church meetings and so forth so he was not at home often as well. this is the only explanation i can think of for what i found monday afternoon when i was ready to load in my last load of laundry into the washer.


there was a little mouse that scurried about. i screamed a scream that made me feel like the baby was going to shoot out of me. i do not do well with scurrying things. not one bit. i paused for moment to make sure the little thing was not going to jump on me. it moved again and i screamed again as i leapt to leave the laundry room.


i then yelled from the back door to jared, who was dutifully obeying his wife who had told him to finish his shed project, to stop what he was doing and to come quickly. he ran and came to save the day.


i told him the new top priority was to kill the mouse and to make sure that any further invasions of a mouse would ensure that upon entering our dwelling they would suffer a slow death from poisoning. i will spare you the details of how he handled the situation, but i will say that he was successful.


i was so worked up about the whole thing. i just don't like surprises like that. my body certainly didn't either.


the second time i almost went into labor happened later on in the day when i was going through the girls clothes to prepare for this cooler weather. i was moving some things and this BIG spider comes out of nowhere. I nearly popped the baby out again. especially when i went to kill the filthy thing.


i may or may not have cried several time on monday because my body was so stressed out from all of the surprises. unwelcome ones might i add.


anyway...... the girls started school tuesday. girls as in emma and sera. they were sooo excited! lucy and kady are doing mommy school. we did this last year and had a great time. eliza is on the verge of walking, but has been for the last 3 months. we shall see when she crosses over from babyhood to toddlerhood.


here is a random question. are there others out there besides me who does not measure the amount of water when you cook your pasta? i thought this randomness sunday evening as i was preparing some egg noodles to accompany out delicious dinner. i thought about if there was anyone out there who actually measures 4 quarts of water to boil their pasta in. if so i have nothing against you i am just curious if people really do this.


Sera was in charge of closing prayer for our family night on Monday. As she prayed she somehow included how she was thankful to God for GPS's. mind you, we have never had one and do not recall ever talking about them. but i am sure for many out there GPS's is something you are thankful to God for.

9 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Thank you for an AWESOME post...it made me laugh:-) As far as pasta water is concerned, I never have measured it, EVER! In fact I thought about this a couple months back when on the back of the mac n' cheese box (one that you guys bought while here in December, we don't eat it very often) it said 6 cups of water, and I thought who puts six cups of water to boil a cup worth of noodles:-)

Not judging if anyone does though:-)

Denece said...

I don't measure the water when cooking pasta. But I know that some of my kids do when they're cooking stuff. As far as mice go, YUCK! We had some that moved in last winter and it was all I could do to stay at home. I hate them! I had a pet snake that I absolutely loved, but had to get rid of just because I couldn't stand feeding him any more! I'm nervous for winter again because I don't want any more uninvited house guests.

Denise said...

No, who on earth would waste their time measuring water for pasta. Now that I think of it, it might save water, but I probably use less than recommended anyway.

Don't go into labor early...let's get Kady walking first!

I'm sorry I didn't make it to Andrea's, i wanted to chat with you. When are you due, anyway? You deserve a shower and your going to get one regardless of how you feel about it. Has anyone talked to you about this yet? If not, I'm on it. I know you will say no, but you can't because I'll make it a surprise if you do. You can not get out of it. I will simply not let you dress this boy in pink tights... (Call me or email, I won't see your response to this if you leave it as a comment.)

I hope that your creatures are no more.

When I was at Sam J's baptism, his grandfather used a GPS to relate the direction that the Holy Ghost can lead a person in life. Maybe she learned about it at church?

Denise said...

Um, that should have been Eliza, but you probably already knew that.

Also, I'm looking forward to a follow up post about laundry. You talked about the easy part...the washing and drying. I want to know what you do about folding and putting away!

And, while you're just sitting at your computer with nothing to do, how about a post re: Mommy School. I am keeping Luke at home this year and have thought about doing something structured for him. I would love to know what you do.

Adrienne said...

Oh how I've missed your posts! I never masure water for pasta, but I do salt it. :) Little boys are pretty fantastic, but that's just my completely biased opinion.

Marcia said...

I Never Ever measure. You know, those mac and cheese boxes say to put a huge amount of water in there. Geesh. It takes forever to boil. I like it when I put just enough in that I don't have to drain. yep. took years to master that skill.

Glad you're back!!

Nola said...

I never measure the water either. Pasta was my staple food before I got married and usually it turned out fine.
I totally agree with you about mice. We had a chipmunk in our kitchen recently while Tyler was out of town working. We also have another critter living in our wall. I told Tyler that when we buy a house it is not allowed to have animal entrances!!!
As for the boy, I am glad you are not too nervous about him. I love boys and I am more worried about having too many girls. I don't know what to do with girls most of the time.

taradon said...

Too funny! Glad the baby didn't pop out early as a result of your surprises. I never measure water for pasta. I just fill the pan and call it good. Love Sera's prayer!

The Molen's said...

I never measure water for pasta! I too would like a reminder of your due date! Let me know......