Eliza has been ready to use the potty exclusively for a few months now. I just didn't prepare myself for it until a couple weeks ago. What I mean by preparing myself, is that I have to mentally prepare myself for accidents, because they will and do happen. So 2 1/2 weeks ago off came the diapers and on went the underpants.
For the most part it has been smooth sailing. It took her about a week to figure out the timing of getting to the toilet in time to poop there. You would have thought I won the sweepstakes by how excited I got when she got to the toilet all by herself and yelled from it "Momma I poo-poo potty!!!!" I could have cried I was that happy and excited.
I am so grateful that Sarah over at Clover Lane shared her years of experience in this post a little more than a year ago. It was a life saver for me when I potty trained Kady and now Eliza. Cause in the past with the first 3 children, it was not a pretty sight to watch me potty train the kids. I nearly went crazy with the thoughts of accidents. I love how we learn and change and grow. Anyway, I am off to make lunch and get Lucy to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
oh hooray!!!! and thanks for the heads up about the book! i got mine in the mail yesterday!
Wahoo! Honestly though Pam, if anyone can manage potty training it would be you. You could write a book on how to be the best mother. =)
Post a Comment