I was just looking through past posts and came across this one about why mothers need sleep
It helps me feel better about how I have been behaving. Annnd helps me to laugh at myself instead of getting frustrated that life is not perfect and recognize as mothers and wives our progress should not be measured in any single moment but by the small simple everyday acts of service we render to our families, and ourselves.
Like last week I spent most of my time in time out, because I simply did not feel like yelling at my kids most of their waking hours.
I should celebrate that instead of saying" I can't believe I was in time out most of the time last week!"
I should say "I am glad I recognized my inability to cope with constant reminders to particular children and their brain damage that seemed to be very prevalent last week.
I could not stand one more "I don't know!" when I asked a child why they were choosing to use their time so poorly.
I yelped back "What do you mean you don't know?" I found myself saying in my head "Come on get with the game here. Put all your marbles back in the jar, tighten all the screws and get back to being you! please!!"
I would look at the phrases I have all over my house and snap at them as if they were actual humans and tell them they had noooo idea what I was going through so to bug off. I was on edge. Lack of sleep was a key factor. Why, WHY does it have to affects me so much. It is like a handicap of sorts.
I found hope from reading through a glorious book by Linda Eyre I had sitting on my book shelf called "I Didn't Plan to Be a Witch and Other Surprises of a Joyful Mother" This book had my sister and I laughing so hard. She writes in such a way that makes you realize we all as Mothers go through pretty much the same things and helps put those anxieties of if you are doing enough at bay. Great read!!!
I am going to go and buy pizza tonight for dinner because I am so sick of cooking. I know! Is that possible? Yes it is. You have to know when to stop and give yourself a break. So I am. Happy weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Yay for pizza!!!! Hope this next week is better!
AAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEENNNN!!!! You are one fantastic woman:-)
Sounds like a good book to read. I wish young moms everywhere would give themselves a break. What they do is hard work and no one should judge another. We've all been there. It does get better though, I promise. Enjoy that pizza and do it again the next night if you need to. No guilt.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds herself being a less-than-stellar mother from lack of sleep! I know it gets better... I just can't remember when! Maybe when the littlest are about 3?
As a mom, I'm so glad I'm not alone!
And I'm going to read that book!
Post a Comment