
Back in July, Jared had the "privileged" of going on the high adventure with the Young Men of our ward. He needs to do these type of trips, since he is surrounded by a bunch of ladies. A good dose of testosterone was definitely in order.
He got back from this trip having heard the movie "Nacho Libre" several times while he drove. One of the first things on his agenda was actually watching this movie.
A side note, any who have ever watched a movie with him will know that you will end up laughing. Mostly because he thinks it is funny and he will literally laugh until he turns a light shade of purple and makes this little high pitch wheezing noise (as if it is his last breath of air) You really can not help but laugh yourself. It is very contagious to say the least. I digress
He was in charge of date night the following week after he returned from the trip. He planned for us to watch this movie. He has not stopped quoting it since. At first I found it to be annoying. But then it grew on me, and now I find myself quoting this ridiculous movie.
I get those silly songs stuck in my head and will blurt them out Oh ingnacioooooo doodlooloooloo! and then I laugh so hard I cry. I even attempt to try to make that throaty sound the way Nacho does. I may need some sort of medication for this syndrome.
Well as strange as this post may be it is not as strange as that this movie has brought a whole other level of joy to our lives. This ridiculous movie makes our whole family laugh just a little bit more.
Here's to Nachoooooooooooooooooooooo!


10 comments:
I LOVE that movie and we quote it often in our house. When I'm having a bad day I say..."It sucks to be me right now!" Of course, I use my spanish accent when I say it too. ;)
That tis thee best! :)
One of my boys' all-time favorites. It does lend itsself to quoting. Hey, Laurel and Paul are not dating, just friends. She is waiting for a missionary. I'll let you know how it all turns out.
We rented it and the kids watched it (hello bad parent here! Let the kids watch it first to screen it!) They thought it was kind of dumb, so I never watched it. I'll have to go get it and watch it.
In the 5K that Marci just ran in, there was a guy dressed up as Nacho Libre. And it wasn't exactly a warm morning to be running around the city shirtless. I can vividly picture Jared's laugh right now, and it makes me laugh out loud just hearing it in my head.
I haven't heard of this. Apparently I need to.
Oh My Gosh ---I saw that movie too. It is soooo stupid, but you are right, totally just makes you laugh. My sons were quoting lines from it as well (they are all married)
I am glad to see you have this sick sense of humor like me.
Hmmm... I haven't been interested in seeing that movie, but I may have to change my mind!
Love Nacho Libre! It's going down as a classic. I finally added you to my sidebar.....duh. now i can keep track of all your adventures! :o)
So, I got your comment about homeschooling - and I want to reply but I don't have your email :) If you go to my profile, you can email me!!
Post a Comment