I am just curious if my family is the only one that is effected by a full moon. I am not sure the science behind how it happens, but I have the evidence that it does happen. I am usually first alerted of a forthcoming full moon generally 3-4 days before the actual day. Lucy will have a series of falls. Not normal childhood falls but wacky ones.
For instance, I was at a friends home visiting and Lucy was sitting at her kitchen table when she went to grab something and Lucy's chair freakishly slipped from under her and she fell perfectly flat on her face causing her to have a bloody nose.
Or the time when we were playing upstairs and I was trying to tag her and she was aiming for her toddler bed for safety and her foot gave out just at the exact location for her to fall forward and hit the bed frame between her eyes. She looked like one of those characters from Star Trek.
The other day, she and I were in the bathroom going potty before nap time and she was standing on the stool waiting for me and the stool flipped out from under her feet. Her poor little back skidded down across the cupboard handles and she landed perfectly into the stool, like a kitten stuck in a barrel with only its legs and hands sticking out. I could go on with past full moon Lucy accident, but I will move on.
The girls all seem to talk a whole lot more when it is the day before and the day of the full moon. If you can just imagine how much they can talk on normal days, multiply that by a factor of 2. It may not sound that bad, but trust me, it will make the sanest person put up the white flag of surrender.
I have come to the realization that this happens once a month, and it is most likely preparing me for when they are all teenagers. YAHOO! At least I know that normalcy (and I use that term loosely) will resume in 1 to 2 days.


7 comments:
I don't normally pay attentionto the moon cycles and injuries or chaoticness, but I am sure it probably goes hand in hand.
Kaden this week accidentally hit Evan in the eye. One time Kaden ran into the corner of the wall so perfectly that he has a permenant dent in his forehead.
Also the last few days the noise volume has been almost too loud for me too. All of the fighting and quarreling has been intense today. Kaden got in trouble 3 times today alone. Liam has been a pill as well as Jaylen and Evan. ARGH!
I don't know! I guess I need to pay attention .... (That picture made me WINCE!)
Awesome picture!!! Yes, I noticed the full moon effect too!
Oh, the hair! It's fantastic!! The bruising, not so much, but I love the hair.
Nice war wound and I love the hair.
Oh my goodness that is so sad. She look pretty okay with her big bruise. What beautiful hair though. :)
Me again! Just wanted to let you know that I've posted my embarrassing moment for your enjoyment. :)
Post a Comment