Friday, January 9, 2009

Let the construction begin

Our poor bathrooms in our home are pretty drab. And, for the most part falling apart, so we have decided to do something about it. Jared started doing the demolition on the downstairs bathroom this evening while I went out to Lowes to do some pricing on items.

The problem is this: We haven't had to do home improvement things in a really long time, so we are a little rusty. So I guess it is just a matter of telling ourselves that we can do this.

I was just informed of and shown the original wallpaper that probably dates back to the 40's. I will have pictures later.

Our motto in the past when we have done projects has been: "It always takes longer then what you think and more money then you had planned on." So then, should our goal be to get these projects done before the end of the year? I think that they should be done before the baby comes. If I turn into an irrational demanding person, to get the jobs done before the baby comes, I guess I can just blame it on pregnancy hormones. Is that fair? I deserve some functional bathrooms right?

I will keep you posted on our progress.

1 comment: