Sunday, January 25, 2009

I am going on an adventure!

Yes, that is right! Tomorrow my sweetheart and I will be heading off for a week of bliss and relaxation. Please pray for my wonderful in-laws to have enough strength to take care of 4 very active little girls.

Some things I am most excited about for this VACATION!

-I will be able to hear my own thoughts.

-I will be able to sleep in

-I will be able to completely relax by myself and with my sweetheart

-By the time our vacation is over with I believe I will be able to form well thought out sentences again

-My twin sister and her husband are driving up and spending the week with us as well.

-I will be at ease because our children will be taken care of by 2 of the most amazing people ever.

-I am going to not feel bad about spending money on myself.

-I am going to get an insanely divine massage at a relaxing spa

-When we get back I will feel like I will be able to be a great Mommy again

There are a few things I am looking forward to.

We are taking this trip because we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year, and we have not gotten away for almost 2 years and that has taken its toll on me.

You see I believe that every couple should get away at least once every year, weather you have children or not. It just is a good idea. So it may be a year late but it is better late than never. Anyway I feel like I have been babbling. I just wanted to share with the world that I AM SOOOOO HAPPY TO BE GETTING AWAY!

7 comments:

Jasmin said...

Yahoo! I just read on Wendy's blog about your trip and I am so excited for you guys! I hope you have a ton of fun (you surely will!) and congratulations on your 10th anniversary and another big event that maybe you've not mentioned on purpose!! ;-)

I need to start subscribing to your idea of yearly trips away. Dave and I have only been away one night, but it was great! We have already started talking about when Charlie will be old enough to leave...

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Yeah, why didn't you mention that it is to celebrate also our turning of 30.....is that a scary number to you:-) ???? Can't wait to see you in less than 48 hours!!!!!

Unknown said...

Have a great time!!

Denise said...

I'm so happy for you. You will have a great time.

Margaret said...

Yeah for adult vacations and yeah for turning 30. That was my favorite year. Have a fun time and get lots of relaxing in.

MotherToMany said...

Hope you guys enjoy your time away from the kids!

Corinne said...

So, thanks for stopping by my blog!! I've been reading through yours and we seem to have insane children in common :)

I hope you had/have a fantastic trip. I absolutely subscribe to the "get away with hubbie at least once a year" school of thought. Last year, what with the 10 year anniversary AND the PhD completion, we took TWO!!! And darn it, we needed it :)