I look at our children's plates when they are "done" and often think, "how are they growing, no thriving with such little consumption of food?"
I do not cater to our children when it comes to food. What I make is what there is to eat(.)
If they sit and make scrunched up faces without even trying it and say they do not like it, I simply say to them "I guess you will be hungry!"
There is no science to it.
I suppose, if they get hungry enough they will eat it and if they don't then they will go to bed hungry and in the morning have several bowls of cereal to make up for the lost calories.
It does upset me at times though. I never remember being whiny or complain about the food that was placed in front of me. I wish I knew the secret my Saint of a Mother had.
There is a high probability that one day I will just slop food right there on the table in front of them with no utensils or plates or anything and declare that "The first one to lick their spot clean will get an extra scoop of ice cream for dessert!"
Do you think it will work?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
It will for me if there's ice cream involved. Yummmm...
My kids love it when I've done that! It makes a huge mess, but it's a ton of fun!!!!
Oh, I forgot to say you should totally use a disposable table cloth if you're going to do it. Makes clean up MUCH easier!
Thanks for the easy clean up idea!
As long as their is a desert as leverage we only have to pry open the little ones mouths and shove the food in. With no desert, we would probably have to use a feeding tube...
We have similar problems at our house... unlike you, though, I remember giving my mother the same problems as a kid - so I guess I'm just getting what I deserve now!
My baby eats everything we place in front of her. Then again she is 4 and a dog so I have no problem getting the plates licked clean. Although, she doesn't like pineapple, strawberries or lettuce. Anything else is great for her.
I am thoroughly entertained by your blog posts. Brings back memories, that's for sure. Your girls are beautiful.
Isn't that how everyone eats --slop the food down and lick it off the table !!! (ha ha ha) You are right, kids will eat if they are hungry. Just don't cater to them with "other foods" then what you have prepared for their meal. They eat what is before them -----or ----go hungry. That's how I grew up. AND I AM NOT SKINNY. (damn)
Post a Comment