I thought I would share a few stories from my vacation.
Jared and I were out to lunch the first day and I thought I would call the girls to let them know of some changes that were going to be taking place because my in-laws needed to get back to Utah to help out with funeral plans for Grandma Jolley (My Mother-in-laws Mother)
I was talking with Sera when Jared had said something to the waiter.
Sera replied with a, "Mom I don't know what you just said because Dad just said something and I couldn't hear you!"
So I proceeded to re-say what I had just said and she cut me off and said "Why is it so loud in the background?" I told her that we were at a restaurant.
She then said "Well can't you tell them to be silent?!?" I couldn't help but laugh as I told her that I couldn't just tell them to be silent.
Her comments were much needed because of the sadness that I had felt throughout the day of dealing with Grandmas death. Oh how humor is healing.
My twiner and her hubby drove up to spend the week with us. It was so much fun to spend time with them.
The first night we went to the Bellagio's massive buffet.
My twin sister asked them if there was a time limit of us being there and assured us that there wasn't.
Our waiter was very kind and willing to help meet our every beverage need and clearing of our spaces, that is, until we had been there an hour and a half.
He started coming less frequently and was less cheerful. We finally left after 3 hours of gorging ourselves. We thought we would get our $30 a persons money worth, and we did.
Here are just a few desserts we ate:

(photo by Flickr user msr.)
It was wonderful to get through a meal with out asking little people to "please sit in your chair properly" or to have to clean up the mess. It was equally refreshing to just be able to talk with no interruptions.
As we were getting up to leave we thought of maybe sitting back down just to be funny but they started cleaning stuff up to fast.
We then went to watch the water fountain show at the hotel which was amazing! Aside from the fact that both my twiner and I screamed as the fountains initially blasted into the air with really loud music we enjoyed the free show.
Our first day of "silence" from children was superb!


1 comment:
I love that your twin asked if there was a time limit! I'm so glad you got to get a break.
Post a Comment