Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Grammatically challenged

So have you ever thought when you are talking with people, "did I just make sense" ? I think I have a serious mental problem because I ask myself that question all the time when conversing with others. :) I think it is quite funny personally. It might be early stages of dementia for all I know, or it is a thing I call "children induced insanity, causes me to be grammatically challenged". Now some might think that having this is a serious issue but for me I know that it is only a stage in life and that one day I will no longer have this challenge,and quite possibly forget about it! But until then you get to be apart of this fun journey with me.

So a funny story that happened today. As a preface we have 4 children 2 in school 2 not, and I watch the 3 brothers from next door after school . Anyway, after homework was done and snacks the kids went outside to play. We have this huge maple tree out back and we have 2 tire swings and 1 rope swing attached to it. For the last 3 weeks the kids have figured out how to climb the tree and swing down from the top. Really cool to watch them maneuver themselves up the tree and then Tarzan jump out of. Well Emma has been able to climb up the tree but has not mustered up the courage to be able to swing down yet, that is til today. Lets talk about some good bribery techniques. SO she was sitting up in the tree and I needed her to come in because it was dinner time and the boyz parents had gotten home from work. So I said Emma just swing down from the rope, of course she started to panic and was like heck no, so I said I'll give you $2 if you do it, uh no from her, so then I said what would make it worth it for you, she said, if you get me a horse, I said I can get you a plastic horse, she said, no thank you, so then I remembered she has been wanting her own room for a while now, so I said, if you swing down from that tree you can have your own room. Wow something snapped in that child and she suddenly became brave, held on tight to the rope jumped, she got so excited that she actually jumped that she let go of the rope in mid air, did this amazingly graceful fall to the ground where she proceeded to do 3 very fast rolls on the ground, got up from the ground just as fast and stated "I am Okay" and ran to the door where I was standing laughing so hard, and said I can have my own room now." So Emma is sleeping very peacefully, and happily in her new room tonight and is equally glad she did not have to listen to her 2 younger sisters chit chat when she wanted to go to sleep. So we have the oldest with her own room and youngest with her own room and the middles sharing. Life is good! That is all for today.

7 comments:

That Girl said...

WHOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, SO excited that you have a blog now. I am officially following you. ;o) I live for your comments, and always want to comment back, but I'm too lazy to click out and email you the "old-fashioned way." ;o)

I love you, girl!

Kaitlyn said...

Firstly...Yay!! I am so glad that you have a blog now too!! :)

And now, for this post, I was laughing out loud right before you said you were laughing and so then it made me laugh more. I could totally picture that whole thing in my head. Emma jumping out of a tree and rolling on the ground and then saying "I'm fine. No big deal" haha.

Diane said...

yeah you're on board. This makes keeping updated with the family so much easier. I'm like Kait and could so see Emma doing this. The girls are getting to big, but they sure are cute. Love you

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Hello my friend, hello:) Yipee, I am SO happy you are now not just a blog stalker:) Emma is too funny, I love that anyone can do anything they want as long as there is an incentive, right? Love ya and can't wait for more posts!!!

Sarah said...

Yay! I was happy yesterday when you said you were thinking of doing a blog. Even though I see you every week, I think blogs lets even people who know us well in on some of our internal dialog.
I had a really fun time yesterday too, it was a great idea of yours.

Margaret said...

Yeah for the blogging world. It will be fun to keep up with you and your family. Funny post by the way. Bribery is good.

MotherToMany said...

Welcome to the blogging world!

LOL, I knew you'd join. It was only a matter of time. I could feel it in my bones! This is less addictive than some other internet things.

You should post a pic of Emma's new room!

Sariah and Rachel will be getting a room together by themselves soon. We're planning on moving Joe to the basement, and converting the downstairs play room to his office and my sewing room. Of course this will take us a good 5 months to do knowing Joe, LOL.

Love you!