Thursday, October 23, 2008

SHOUT OUT!

So today the 3 younger ones and I went to the doctors. The office building we went to is new and the ceilings are high in the foyer area and a lot of empty space still. Well Sera, the child that makes me go "huh" the most t, immediately realized her opportunity to shine. She really liked the echo this building created, so she began to shout as she talked, "MOM, HOW ARE YOU. MOM THIS IS A NICE BUILDING, HEY WHO ARE YOU,(to a stranger), MOM WHAT BUTTON SHOULD I PRESS FOR THE ELEVATOR" etc. I thought whatever, this is totally expected of this child. I used to think it was rather odd, until I watched a bio on Carol Burnett and said, "oh my goodness that is totally how Sera acts." Well anyway, we got to the doctors office area and I thought surely Sera would stop shouting, since we were not in an echoey area anymore. I was wrong! When asked what her name was, she shouted rather loudly " MY NAME IS SERA PALMA AND I GO TO KINDERGARTEN AND THIS IS MY BABY SISTA KADY AND SHE REALLY IS THE CUTEST BABY EVA". The nurse was taken by surprise and then started to chuckle nervously. That's our Sera. Neva a dull moment with her.
Maybe one day I will be crazy enough to reply to people in a shout just cause I want to. "WHAT I CANNOT HEAR YOU, DID YOU JUST ASK IF ALL THESE CHILDREN ARE MINE, WHY YES THEY ARE, AREN'T THEY SO BEAUTIFUL, WHAT DID YOU SAY, YES WE ARE PLANNING ON HAVING MORE, WHAT OTHER PERSONAL QUESTIONS DID YOU WANT TO ASK?"

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha! that is just how she talks too! Cute cute Sera!

Zack + Julie said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you started a blog. Thank you for the kind thoughts. I think about you guys often too And hope you are doing well. I loved this post - I could actually hear Sera's voice again! I look forward to more pictures!!!

Kaitlyn said...

That is so funny and cute. I can totally hear Sera's shouting and see the nurse give a funny look. haha. I love you guys! I wish we could see you soon. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Margaret said...

Pam, I've totally missed your humor. You get me rolling with laughter. I really need to meet your kids. Hahaha. Chips off the old block.

Denise said...

Sera is so cute.

Diane said...

I have no idea where you get your sense of humor, it must run in the family. So did Dr. Stark move to a new place?

Jasmin said...

Love it!! You make me laugh. I'm so glad you have a blog so I can keep up with you and your darling family! We miss you!

marcia said...

ohmygosh, this made me laugh so hard! Kids are something else, eh?? I mean really.. Never a dull moment. Here's my Todd recently, at dinner time when presented with a dinner he doesn't like, he hollers: "AH! Uh! No not this!!" ... then he pauses and calmly says, "Can I have a bowl?" "Why, Todd?" The the holler again, "So I can THROW UP in it when I eat this dinner!!"