Yesterday when I was changing a very fragrant diaper courtesy of the little one, I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude of all those Mothers who came before us. I am pretty sure that I would probably only have one child if I had to clean poop and pee from cloth diapers all day, and do laundry by hand. I tell ya what, those mothers and women are my hero's. I know, I know, that that is all they knew, but if that is all I knew you can bet your bottom dollar(no pun intended) I would have been the genius who invented the disposable stuff. This got me thinking of how easy we really have it. I am grateful for fast running moto vehicles with heaters and A/C. We don't need to stop on the side of the road and fill some kind of component with water to cool the car off. We just go to the gas station fill 'er up and go. Grocery stores! How blessed we are to have grocery stores with shelves filled with food and paper products, baby products, bandaids, shampoo, women products (heaven be praised), medicines and ice cream. These are just a few things that make me think "How easy we really have it!"
What makes your life easier?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
My husband makes my life easier! :)
I actually don't mind cloth diapers. Ironically I wish I could afford them! LOL But I can't handle the extra laundry for them, but they are so darn CUTE now a days with disposable middles for poopies.
I love the phone, and my big 12 passenger van of course. I'm also grateful for the women's movement so I can wear pants! I could NOT imagine wearing big heavy dresses with corsets while taking care of this many kids. I am grateful I don't have to milk a cow every day for milk, LOL. I might have to milk 2 a day for this brood! I am grateful for internet and e-mail! No longer do you have to wait days for mail, or pictures of loved ones. I am grateful for education!I am grateful for electricity and ovens! No more cooking in front of a stone hearth of fire all day long. Also running water too. I could not imagine having to go fetch water either. One couldn't take baths and showers daily like we do now. I could probably go on all night! LOL
I have been washing our laundry by hand for two weeks and thought I was going to DIE.
My "grateful" list tends to be things I miss about the States ... right now, that's one-stop shopping. I CAN'T buy Band-aids at a grocery store. Only food. Ridiculous, eh?
I'm also grateful for mascara, to hide the fact that my eyes are shutting of their own accord right now ...
Email. Seriously - it takes a little while to get mail up here sometimes, and if I had to hand write letters to people, both sides of the family would think we'd died off long ago.
Toothpaste.
And blogging.
Grocery stores for sure.
Dr Pepper.
Computers.
AC and indoor plumbing.
Those are all great great things.
Post a Comment