I am too tired to edit this post so if there is poor grammar, I guess you get what you pay for :)
Today felt like it took FOREVER. I stayed home with the crazy ladies because Emma came down with a cold. Jared had all sorts of meetings before and after church and it was just easier to have them all stay home.
Anyway the day started out great. The girls and I had our own primary and we had a lesson from the January friend magazine. We talked about being daughters of God and how that makes them royalty. We then made crowns. In the process of getting all of the materials to make the crown and everything organized to do it, Kady managed to pull my Great-Grandmas glass pie plate from back within our cupboard and as soon as it hit the floor it shattered everywhere. So I bid adieu to my treasured pie plate.
My dear friend just recently posted about a apron she had received from her grandmother and how it makes her feel a certain way. Well I feel the same way about the cooking ware I received from my Great grandma as she does about her apron.
When I am cooking with what used to be her cookware(which I do several times a week) I feel like I am carrying on a legacy and keeping to traditions that seem to be drifting away in our society. I love the fact that I can shred cheese with a hand shredder which I was told she made the best coleslaw from. I love the fact that the big soup pot I make our soups in, helped make delicious soups 40 years ago.
My pie plate has made many of the most delicious pies ever. It is mostly because of these treasured pieces I get to cook with and bake with that make my food so scrumptious. So to lose one makes me a little sentimental.
Luckily we all walked away from the accident with no cuts, which I am very grateful for. So getting back to the rest of the day and how it went. The ladies did fine being cooped up in the home for the majority of the day. By the time 3p.m. came around I think my face started twitching. Jared had gotten home and it seemed like they all went on some whining fest.
Kady would pretty much scream if Jared was not holding.
I could not tell what Lucy was saying because is was all slurred into a whining voice and so she became extra frustrated, as well as I.
Sera turned into a bullie. You know the kind where when they are talking to you they puff their chests up.
Emma's nose decided to work overtime on draining itself and so anytime she was near me she was breathing out of her mouth warm "cold" germs which gave me the jeebies and which prompted me to become whiny.
I have a thing about breath from a mouth being breathed on me. It just is not my thing. I am going to divert my message for a moment because it is important to note that at night when Jared and I are sleeping and he turns to face me it wakes me up because he is a mouth sleeper and the 20 second intervals of warm blasts of breath wake me. This is how it is...
breath(snore) in and pause and POOF exhale of warm, move my eyebrows, blast of breath.
Jared asked me if they had been like this all day. I assured him that they were fine all morning and that we enjoyed spending our morning quietly playing, reading or making our crowns.
I decided they were all going to bed early. So we had dinner at 4:15, had baths at 5:00, story time at 5:30, and bedtime 6pm. They were all out by 6:15.
Now I am enjoying this quiet time before I clean up dinner and I am breathing a sigh of relief (not on anyone though) that the day is over with the crazy ladies, that's including myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ok, hello superwoman, when I stay home from church - like I did today - I don't host my own primary!
Sad about the pie plate, but just think of it this way: Go buy a really nice one, make it YOUR heirloom that you give to YOUR grand-daughter. She'll feel the same way you do, especially if she knows the story of how it came to be yours.
I will pray that they don't wake up at 5 am!!! The sick house stuff really isn't any fun. I feel for you.
Post a Comment