Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my younger sister! Only 30 seconds younger though.

31 years ago today our very petite Mother of already 2 young'ns (age 3 and 2) literally popped my sister and I out. Our Mother sat patiently in the waiting room until a nurse asked her what she was there for. My Mother very calmly said "I am in labor!" The nurse then slightly chuckled and made some sort of remark like "well we will see!"

They brought our mother back to the room got her up into the bed and checked her, only to find out my head was crowning. At that moment I can only imaging the chaos that followed. Within minutes I popped out, and then as my body left our mother's birth canal my sister Wendy was right there behind me with her little foot as if to say "Hey I am sick of being crammed into this little space! MOVE IT!" Everyone scrambled and 30 seconds later out slid Wendy to make her grand debut!

There is a lot more detail to our birthday story but that is the jest of it.

This woman has many titles and succeeds fabulously at all of them. Well at least I think so.

Wendy is an amazing sister. She makes me laugh. She is my 24/7 therapist and listens to me when all I need to do is complain. She let's me bounce my crazy ideas off of her and is my neutral party.

Wendy came out to visit for a month one summer. At the time we both had 4 daughter's each. We now have 5 daughter's each.

She motivates me to be a better person. This picture is of us after we ran a 5K. This was my first 5K and I teased her afterward that it was going to be my last. For her running is a stress reliever. My preferably stress reliever is not of running. She did her best to keep me motivated through that agonizing race. But I made it in 30ish minutes. I think 33.


She is an amazing Aunt! Our girls absolutely love her! Wendy also makes the most DIVINE food in the world. We secretly hope that one day we will open a bakery up together. People would flock far and wide for our baked goods and delicious soups and sandwiches.

This woman is a crazy hard worker! She makes a goal and gets it done. No making excuses. She is very thrifty and does her best to make the dollar stretch. She works hard at trying to teach her daughters to be hard workers.

Wendy is a very dedicated wife. Her loyalty is a rare find these days. I am grateful for her fine example.


I am so blessed to have a "twinner" When we were younger we would ask our mother why we were twins and our mother's response was always "Because when you were in heaven you were the best of friends and so you got to come down together!"

Thank you for being one my bestest friends!

9 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Daw gone it.....you beat me to it:-/ Wow thanks so much for the birthday tribute:-))) I LOVE LOVE LOVE you and feel SO incredibly blessed to have you as my twiner.....btw did you ever notice the race numbers and how mine is right after yours? Fun times...Hope you have a fabulous rest of our birthday:-)

Sarah said...

Happy birthday to you both!

Denise said...

Aww, so sweet. Happy birthday to you both. btw-I sent your e-card before I saw this post. I was excited for your big day!

Valerie said...

Happy birthday!!!! I didn't know you had a twin. That is so awesome what your mother taught you about coming down from heaven together. I love that photo with the two of you and most of your girls.

Jess said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Marcia said...

Hope you both had a great day and everyone was nice to you ALL DAY LONG! :)

Rachel Sue said...

This was such a great tribute to your sister. And Happy Birthday to you too!

Jasmin said...

That was a wonderful post and all of those things are sooo true! Both of you are so awesome and I'm blessed to have you as my friends. Happy belated birthday!!

Harmony said...

OH, this is so cute! And, honestly- 30 seconds apart? That's almost unbelievable! So fun to learn all those little tidbits and things about Wendy. What an amazing gal! Oh- and, also, that you BOTH have 5 girls? Wow, that's the epitome of "twinners!"