Monday, May 23, 2011

But...........

It has come to my attention that my children are becoming debaters.

I ask them to put a toy away. 

"But I didn't take it out!" 

"Really!?  I am very much aware that you didn't take it out!  Will you please put it away for me?"

"BuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuT! I didn't take it out!"

"Wrong answer , this is where you say... Oh yes I would be more than happy to put that toy away for you, my most wonderful mother who birthed me and then nursed me for 12(+) months, 3 of which you said you thought your nipples were going to fall off because of thrush, and has taken care of my every need for so long, it would be the least I could do."

Child stares at you and then catches on somewhat and says

"Fine I guess I will put the toy away"

"Oh thank you so much, for being soooo willing to help!"

But what you really say in your head is "You better say fine,child,  because I am sick and tired of listening to you complain to me about the injustice of you helping me with things that you think your siblings should be helping me with.  So help me, I am going to lose it one of these days!"


Just saying, some days are better than others!

3 comments:

The Molen's said...

Hey Pam- Just stopping by to check in. These moments for me are too often. Hope all is well, other than your debates with children! ;)

Happy Mom said...

This just be my favorite post of your ever!

Meri Musingly said...

Oh, how I can relate!