Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Conversations in my head

 I found the camera and took a picture of Emma's eyelids today.  She told me that when she was returning something to the office today the nurse asked her if her eyes were okay.  Emma told her she had  put on eye stuff yesterday.  The nurse suggested to her that I should take her to the local drug store to get some eye makeup removal.  Not going to happen.  If good ole soap and water can't get it off then it aint coming off. 

Today I had to draw upon those inner conversations to the max, because I had plenty of opportunities to freak out if I wanted to.  Some of them would included,but not limited to,  3 little ones at a bathroom sink they had just filled to the brim with water and then taking many barbie dolls and other small toys and were sloshing them about.  I took a BIG deep breath in, and screamed to myself that water damage was not taking place or any other kind of damage.  Well, except brain damage, since I have reminded repeatedly that the combination of toys+water+bathrooms do not go together.

I only said, with teeth gritting and my mouth perched slightly open "This is not a good choice!"

Ken's leg was damaged when I was shaking him out of water, his leg hit the sink.  So now he is a one legged, tattoed guy.  Some child had drawn circles around his arms.  At least he always has a smile on his face.


Let's see, another one would be that Sera complained the entire time she emptied the dishwasher.  That would not have been bad had she emptied the dishwasher in 5 minutes like it normally would take.  But she took almost 2 hours.  I nearly flipped on this one, but instead went to time out in my room several time to avoid me taking control and doing it myself.

This morning before school the kids were running around and Emma was carring Eliza doing somewhat of a horse trot thingy and she dropped Eliza on her head.  I went to my pantry and shut the door and screamed at the top of my lungs.  When I opened the door I had 5 little girls standing there asking what I was doing in there.  I told them I was letting some air out.  Kady said "you okay Mom?"

 Daniel recently started sucking his thumb.  I think he is a very proactive child.  He must have gotten sick of waiting for me to feed him and figured sticking his thumb in his mouth could help soothe him while he waits for me to help everyone else.  He is such a great little person.

Today the dominant conversation in my head was "Why do I even have the kids do anything?  It would be so much easier if I did everything because I know it would be done the way I would do it and as fast as I would want it done!"  So I answered myself, because I don't like to leave myself hanging,  "Indeed it would be easier, but that is missing the point.  "I know!"  I replied back to myself. And I sigh. "Why can't they just get it?  Why don't they want to just get it done so they can go and play and have fun?  Why drag it out?  Come on people!" 

 At least my bread turned out wonderfully.  Kady and Lucy helped me.  We did that for school today.  We talked about the importance of the different ingredients and if you mess up the ingredients then it would be gross.   It was soooooo good!  Who would have thought that accidentally adding 1 extra tablespoon would make such a huge difference. We took a loaf over to our neighbors and I even shared some with a couple of traveling sales men who were trying to sell me some freezer dried food storage stuff. Lucky them! 
 todays               yesterdays


 Eliza pooped 10 times today.  10 times!!!! I think that is an all time high record.  I am beginning to think she may have gotten a parasite from drinking the water table water she sat in.  I thought it was teething but it has been a few days.  She sticks all sorts of gross things in her mouth.

We didn't eat dinner until 7pm.  That very rarely happens, but I told the girls I was not able to make dinner until they got the dishes done.  While I was getting dinner stuff prepped the girls all got bathed.  We had waffles with bacon and eggs.  Lucy and Kady cut up strawberries to top the waffles with.  It was delicious!  Emma and Sera decided to take their time in getting ready after their bath so they missed out on  helping cut up strawberries.  I am confident that one of these days it will sink in their heads that with certain things taking your time does not pay off.  At least that is one of the conversations I like to have in my head.

No comments: