Saturday, May 14, 2011

Princess Ballet

Lat night the 4 older girls and I went to the Ballet with my Step- Mom and one of my nieces.  The girls had such a great time. I was so impressed with Kady's ability to be so attentive to the performance.  She even seemed to understand when the end was drawing near of an act and would get her hands ready in anticipation to clap.  So cute!


We got to go back stage afterwards and the girls got to meet some of the main characters. 
This picture is from my step moms phone. 

On the way home we talked about the performance.  We talked about how the boy ballerina's costumes were a bit distracting for them.  Emma said it was AK(higher voice inflect)WARD(lower voice inflect)  I got a chuckle out of their embarrassment, as I could see myself back when I was a younger girl.

As you can see in the picture they wore their princess dress ups.  Grandma Palmer made all of them for birthday presents, except Kady's.  We got Kady's at a garage sale.

My attempts at cleaning the home yesterday were fruitless.  It seemed that if I started cleaning something I would be sidelined with little people doing mischievous little things.  Like painting themselves with play makeup and nail polish.  I thought I had gotten rid of all of the nail polish and makeup from Emma and Sera's beauty kits they bought last week.  Oh well!

I decided it was not worth it to clean.  Instead we made some more bread for our service project we will be doing on Monday.  More on that Monday.

The girls had so much fun "forming" their loaves.  I learned a new trick from good ole BYUtv the night before.  To get any air bubbles out of your loaf you are forming you slap in down on the counter.  Eliza especially liked throwing her loaf down.  The loaves were not perfectly formed but at least I know they literally had a hand in helping with making the food for this service project we will be doing.

I played basketball this morning.  I have not played since just before I got pregnant with Daniel.  My lungs got a good stretch today.  The women I played with were so much fun and I look forward to playing again next week.  I think it would be good if I practiced my shot sometime this week.  I had forgotten the finesse you need when shooting the ball and may have over shot or under shot my share.  But I did have plenty of perfect shots that went in so gracefully. 

Today the girls all worked so hard in getting our home ready for the Sabbath.  I find that cleaning goes so much better if I am there guiding them along. This is very tedious for me. Repetition is the key.  And a lot of fake smiling.    I know that one day they will just automatically do these things naturally.  This thought helps me to persevere  through these formative years.  Because frankly when you help some children, what you really feel like doing is pounding your head against a wall.  But fake smiling works better for me. 

We got to go to my Dad's tonight.  It was sort of a time to say good bye to my Step brother, his wonderful wife and their son.  They are some of the best people I know.  We did a BBQ.  I love BBQ's so much, especially the combinations of hamburger's, hot dogs, potato salad, and baked beans.  It is so magical to my taste buds.  Really I could eat this meal at least once a week, if  I didn't know how unhealthy it is. 


Here are some pictures from today
 When I was going through Daniels clothes today the girls found a shade hat for him and decided to put it on him.  I just let the picture tell how he may be feeling.

 Eliza insisted on having goggles to wear.  If you click on the picture you will see how they distort her eyes and ears. 
 Then she would flip those goggles up
 So cute and funny
 Emma enjoying the swimming
 Kady enjoyed wearing goggles too!
 Miss Lucy right after coming out.
Eliza demonstrating perfect form! 


No comments: