My husband has a curse. I am not sure if he even acknowledges this curse. I certainly do!
My first recollection of this curse was when we were at a auto auction(about 7 years ago) at a impound lot for a police department.
I would say that there was at least 100 cars there in various conditions. Jared and I walked naively around for a good 45 minutes before the auction started. We had our eyes on a few cars that seemed like they were in good condition and agreed that we would only make bids on those ones.
The end of the auction was coming near. For some reason or another I can't remember why, Jared and I got separated. When we reunited he had this sheepish grin on his face.
I said "What did you do?"
He then exclaimed "I won a bid on a car!"
Me- "Okay, which one?"
J- "The Chrysler Sebring!"
Me- "Um! I thought we weren't going to bid on that one."
J- "Well we got it for cheap."
Me- "No! YOU got it for cheap!"
Well it turned out to be a crappy car it finally died about 6 months later in the middle of the road.
Thus began "The curse of Jared"
The most recent incident was his purchase of a great camera from eBay. My dream camera to be exact. A cannon 5sIS (I think that is what it is called). Anyway, I started using the camera Sunday night and I wanted to zoom in and out on the girls. I had used my sisters same camera before and so I remembered the buttons. But when I went to zoom it wasn't working. HMMMMMM!
Me- "Something is not right with this camera!"
J- "What do you mean?"
Me- "Well the zoom doesn't work"
J- "Oh!"
"HUH! I should have expected this!" I thought.
I asked Jared where he got the camera from, his reply "I got it off of eBay from a guy who sells refurbished cameras for a living."
Me -"How much did you get this camera for?"
J-"$242 He had the best prices"
This is a great price if it worked since I think you can get them normally in the $400's
Me- "Weeellllll, he probably has the best prices because he sells pieces of crap!"
Luckily we have learned from this curse, and Jared bought the "refurbished" camera with all sorts of protection in case of frequent situations like ours. So the camera is on its way back to the "dealer" as we speak and our money will be refunded fully. Wahoo for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Sometimes a good deal just isn't a good deal! I've heard it said...You get what you pay for! I think many husbands have that curse!
Hi Pam. Gma Jolley fwd the e-mail from Jared about your blog. It is nice to have fellow bloggers. :) Anyway I just wanted to say hi.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!
Sorry - just laughing my head off here ....
(P.S. Can I invite us over one night for games and good convo?!)
Good luck overcoming the curse. Great post.
You make me laugh SO stinking hard! Thankfully he has learned a bit and got the protection on the camera. hope the next one works:-)
Post a Comment