Saturday, November 29, 2008

Now if only...

I could remember at the beginning of the day to say my specific prayer, I could get in the habit of starting my day off on the right foot. So my goal for the coming week is to remember. We shall see how I do! Maybe I will be like Sister Hinckley when she made a goal to read all of the standard works each night and after the 4th or 5th(because I don't have the book handy to confirm specifics) night she said I am only 3 or 4 days behind. I guess it is all about intentions right?

6 comments:

Denise said...

That makes me feel happy to know that Sister Hinkley said that. It makes me feel like I'm in good company. Did you guys get to go on your date. I never heard back from you.

Unknown said...

Sister Hinckley has always been my hero! Thanks for reminding me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the remembering! That one always kicks me in the behind when I'm not looking.

It's true, though. You can have the best intentions in the world, but if you don't remember them, it's no good.

Good luck to you!! (and me...) :)

holley family said...

I just had an aha moment two nights ago re-reading elder bednar's talk on prayer and thought hmmm, everything was made spiritually before it was temporally, and so we had a pre-existence where the plan was laid out for us and then we have our earthly experience, and then after we die, there will be judgement, or a rememberance of ALL of our mortal experiences, like wise, in the morning, we say our prayer to "plan out the day" just like the pre-existence, then we go about our day and caryy out that plan, (just like our earthly experience) and then at the end of the day we have to account for everything that happened that day in our evening/bedtime prayer. (JUST LIKE JUDGEMENT... can you sense my excitement????) anyways, i thought it was neat and just thought i would share!
can't wait to find out what you guys will be having?!!!!!!

Matthew Hansen said...

Pam, I had no idea you had a blog. Great to find it. How are you and Jared doing?

You are an engaging writer.

-Matt Hansen

Elisa said...

This is my goal for the new year!