Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wonderful

On Sunday our lesson in Relief Society was superbly wonderful! A part of the lesson really gave me a different perspective on how to better my life. I had never thought of before to start my day off with a prayer that basically outlined to the Lord what I wanted to accomplish or get done, but that is what Elder Bednar talked about in his conference talk.

So I thought I would try this out. At first I felt panicked because I try to be a person who keeps their word. But I got over the feeling and, I tell you what, it sure made a difference in me being more conscientious of the choices I make throughout my day. I felt more of an accountability to the things I told the Lord I wanted to get done or help guide me in. He even guided me to help someone who needed help, which I prayed for.

I am grateful for the lesson that gave me a new perspective on how I can be a better instrument in the Lords hands. I gained a testimony of the importance of being specific with the Lord and to remember to include Him in my daily grind however small it may be. He truly does want to bless us with the desires of our hearts and He IS there to bless and guide us in our lives. We just have to do our part, and sometimes it can be as simple as starting our day off with a prayer.

6 comments:

Erin said...

How nice! I had forgotten about it myself. What a great thing to keep in mind during the holiday season.

That Girl said...

I loved that lesson too.

I've missed Relief Society!!!

Unknown said...

I agree! Since I teach seminary in the mornings I always start my day with prayer. It's the only way I know to really invite the spirit in my life. It makes a huge difference on the days I pray compared to the days I don't. I need to be better about praying everyday..every morning.

Margaret said...

You are so good! I mean that with so much sincerity. Thanks for the reminder.

Denise said...

Well, that is another RS lesson missed for the betterment of the Primary. If you ever want to call me into RS... :) I will have to try that, although, I can see it making me feel more guilty when I don't accomplish what I intend to. I'll give it a try, though.

Anonymous said...

brad gave a talk on this a few weeks ago too1 and he said something that i'm not sure if it was in there or not, but totally was like a "duh!" moment for me. everything our Heavenly Father does has been planned spiritually first, (ei the pre-existence and such). so it makes sense that we would plan our day "spiritually" too! hey congratulations btw!
~ noel