Enjoy the pictures.
Reach for the stars
looking down from the top of the dam
looking out at the new bridge they are building
view on the other side of the dam
bridge
looking down at the energy things
Jared looking handsome
the lovely couple
view of the dam
view just outside of where the dam is.
On our way home we stopped at a Jamba Juice and got ourselves a yummy drink and then picked up a pizza to take back to the hotel. We ate pizza and watched a movie. We packed up and got ready for our early morning wake up.
At 3:30ish we woke up and I got in the shower to find that the shower did not want to warm up at all. I was so stinking (no pun intended) cold I was shaking. I got out to call the front desk to ask them if there was any special trick to getting the water to warm up this early in the morning. The very nice front desk lady said she could send up an engineer to check it out but we needed to leave within 20 minutes so we were stuck with a frigid wake up call. BRRRR!
We got the airport a little early. I thought a nice cinnamon roll sounded good for breakfast. Luckily there was a Cinnabon(r) near our terminal so we headed on over. I was quite disappointed. I looked at the rolls and they didn't look right to me so I asked the 2 nice ladies behind the counter if the rolls had risen long enough. They replied in a thick accent "No raisins in them!" I replied, " No, have these rolls had a long enough rising time?" Again the response " No raisins in them!"
So I tried to think of some other words that have to do with the bread making process. "Did you let the rolls rest long enough?" Their reply "What roll would you like?"
Well I gave up and decided I would choose the roll that looked the most fluffy. In my head though I am thinking that I know for a fact that Cinnabon(r) surely would not have changed the way they make their heavenly bliss.
I sat down and I saw that a couple at a near by table had some rolls, so I asked them how they tasted. They said that they didn't taste right, but just thought that they had changed their recipe or something.
I took a bite of the roll and realized that these were not made properly. Jared came back to the table and I told him to take it back to them and get the mini rolls since they looked a little puffier.
He took them back and the kind ladies said that is how they always looked. I assured my husband that when we got into Salt Lake I would show him what a true Cinnabon(r) cinnamon roll looked like. He was probably thinking "Hurry shove that food in your mouth so I don't have to hear you rant about these rolls anymore!"
I am glad that when we got to SLC that I saw what heavenly bliss is suppose to look like. I thanked the lady at this location profusely on her ability to know how to properly make their product. I guess I get a little kooky when I am running on small amounts of sleep.
It was nice to get a layover in Salt Lake so that we could attend Jared's Grandmothers funeral. Our vacation was an overall success and at the end of it all I was actually able to form proper sentences again. It only lasted for a few days once we got back but I wouldn't have traded it for anything.


1 comment:
How fun to have a twin!
Those pictures are awesome!
Post a Comment