Someone once asked my husband and me how many kids we were going to have. We told that person that we will stop once we get an ugly one. Their reaction was a little stunned to say the least. I have had 5 miscarriages. 3 of those took place before Emma our oldest, until they did a bunch of tests and found out I had luteal phase defect. In essence I wasn't producing enough progesterone when I ovulated, so my uterus wasn't as cushy as it should have been for an ovum to implant properly. I could get pregnant but was unable to stay pregnant without progesterone. So with Emma I got to be on progesterone for the first 3 months of pregnancy until she kicked in and started producing progesterone at around the end of the first trimester. 
I had a miscarriage between Sera and Lucy and another between Kady and Eliza.

I had a miscarriage between Sera and Lucy and another between Kady and Eliza.

I don't need to take progesterone anymore. Somehow my body has figured out how to distribute all those hormones properly.

I sure have been blessed with some amazing daughters. Even if they don't get that it is not in their best interest to wake me up at 6 in the morning and tattle tale on so and so because they don't think that so and so is doing what their suppose to be doing. And then every 5 minutes giving me an update on the situation that is taking place. It is a sure way to help me not start my day on a good note. Good thing they are cute.

When I am in a bad mood they don't call me Mom they call me Tallulah. Because they know their Mom would not be that mean. They think it is funny. I am glad.

Do I ever wish I haven't had those miscarriages. Nope. They have helped me realize that each child that comes to our family is meant to be here. Having children whether biologically or through adoption is a miracle. It helps shape many people through the experiences that happen to get them here. It is an honor to be a parent. One I do not take lightly. It is what most of my prayers revolve around. Life really is fragile. One minute you can have it and the next it can be gone. Those miscarriages have helped me remember that. Remember the joys in what you do have and you will have joy always.


5 comments:
How beautiful, both your words and your girls. I love the miracle of family. PS That sling is a moby wrap that I made myselft because they are $60 or something ridiculous for what is basically a really long piece of jersey knit. I can get the exact dimensions. I did, however, use the moby wrap website to tell me how to wrap the crazy thing. I wore it all the time in the front, and figured that I could just put it on backwards to carry Connor on my back. It worked!
Thanks, Pam. The pictures are darling!!!!
Beautiful post. Beautiful pictures!
It's interesting we never know the struggles other people have had, unless they tell us. My heart goes out to you! But, I am glad to read that you don't wish anything to have happened differently than it has. I feel the same way :) Thanks for the post.
Thank you, Pam. Really.
Post a Comment