Before you all compete to see who can get your next cake decorated by me, I have to first warn you I do not go for how good it looks. I can however guarantee the cake and icing itself will be some of the best you have ever had.
The first 2 pictures are from Lucy's birthday a few weeks ago. Can you tell what kind of cake she wanted?

Don't you just love the smarties for her reversed pupils. Lucy let me know where she wanted all of the roses. Yes those big blobs of blue are roses. And Lucy said they looked like roses. She loved her cake. I couldn't quite figure out how to construct a nice looking nose.

You see with little people all you have to do to make them happy is make the cake look somewhat like what they want and they are happy as can be.

Sera wanted a pink frosted cake with roses on it and ice cream in it for her 6th birthday. This cake tasted so incredibly good. I made a bundt cake and then carved out the middle a little bit more and stuffed it with ice cream. Jared was practically licking the platter when the cake was gone.

These are actually recognizable. I made them for a baby shower. The unfortunate thing was that I had made them earlier in the day and by the time the baby shower was later in the day the gel frosting I used for the eye pupils and smiley face went a little loopy. And that is exactly how the bears looked for the presentation at the baby shower. Loopy! At least I know they looked somewhat good at a point.

When Jared turned 30 the girls and I made him a rainbow frosted cake. The only reason we made it this way was because they insisted Daddy likes rainbows. Well these were the only colors I had and I did not feel like mixing colors so it turned out looking more like a reggae looking cake. It tasted great though. And in the end that is really all that matters!
5 comments:
Wow! You have been busy. My grandmother used to decorate such fun cakes and I always thought I'd have her talent when I got older. (She's still living, but due to arthritis she can't decorate cakes much any more.) But I never picked it up fast enough for my impatience. So I bake cakes and frost them all plain and boring.
Yum! I like the cakes. Lucy's is the best. I could NEVER make a person's face look so good.
Hi Pam!
I love your blog. My 6 month old daughter Evie has infantile Hypophosphatasia, and I would love to talk to you about your experience with Sera. Evie has been on the Enobia trial since December 2009, she seems to be improving. If you would like to chat you can email me at LindseyLE@gmail.com
Thanks so much,
Lindsey (:
Love the cakes - I could tell it was Belle. You're a good mom!
If it's the best cake and frosting ever, I need the recipe!
Post a Comment