Thursday, April 1, 2010

Warning

Warning: This post is going to talk about a Mother's ever expanding and deflating bust line.

SO as I was cleaning out our drawers in preparation for the in-laws coming, I found that right now I have about 4 different sizes of braziers in my drawer. Why you ask, well it is the result 8(+) years of the expand/deflate syndrome that happens through pregnancy then postpartum of the cycle of a Mother.

It all starts with that first child. Your bosoms grow to a size you thought was only possible through unnatural methods. This should be your first clue that Mother nature has a sick sense of humor. Then after you have the baby, if you nurse, they grow even larger. An increased bust line is very deceiving because it will make your larger than average waist look smaller.

Then after about 7 or 8 months(depends on the woman) of nursing you tend to shrink in size. All of the sudden your waist seems larger and you feel like maybe you need to start working on those extra pounds you put on during pregnancy.

Your bra size at this point has become larger than what you can fill in, so you have to go out and try to find one that fits. Nothing like slapping a woman in the face to go from a very large size in her mind to a more average size. But you manage. Then once you are done nursing all together it is like some magic wand is waved and overnight your ladies have disappeared. Again Mother nature has a sick sense of humor.

The more kids you have though the number of different bra sizes increases, until at the end a training bra will be what is left. At least that is what I am shooting for. I hope I can even fit into that when we are done having kids. I feel very proud of myself, because I finally threw out two of my night nursing bras from when Emma and Sera were born. I guess the shredding material wasn't enough to convince me. It was only until the snaps that were used to lower so I could nurse, which were hanging by a thread, finally broke off. I am no better than those 50 year old men who still have their T-shirts from high school or college and think they still fit in them. They still try to fit in them despite the unsightliness of the matter.


I guess it all comes down to the fact that I ABSOLUTELY HATE TO SHOP FOR CLOTHES! So I hold onto clothes until they are literally falling apart. I hate going into a store and seeing all of these cute things thinking they may fit my body type, and then being disappointed because the seemingly majority of the woman population was not as blessed with the wonderful voluptuous curviness that I am. I love my body, but department store clothes apparently were not made for people with healthy curves.

I take that back. They do make my size, it is just not the size that is always left on the rack when I am finally able to go and shop. This is even true with the bra sizes. So this is why I have so many bras and so many different sizes, because it is just to hard to find them when I am in need of them. I am thankful for my collection of different bra sizes!


4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Absolutely hilarious! I too struggle with clothes shopping (which is why I have so few articles of clothing) and in an attempt to force myself to shop I will throw things out, but it never works and I just end up with an even smaller wardrobe to choose from.

That Girl said...

BWAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

And I was just thinking the other day that I'd outgrown the "first month of nursing boobs" bra and it was time to pull out the "next few months of nursing boobs" bra - ya know, the only slightly deflated ones. Not to be confused with the one I wore during pregnancy, the one I wore during engorgement, the one for the last few months of nursing, and the one for after it's all over.

SIgh.

Happy Mom said...

I HATE shopping for bras. I'm down to only two (plus multiple work out ones). It's getting desperate, but I still can't make myself go shopping.

Marcia said...

Bra World on John R. A whole store of nothing but bras. Something for everyone.