That was the beginning of something good. The date was interesting to say the least. It was a group date and we had gone to dinner and then we went to a place called quick wits. A kind of comedy joint, where the actors have the audience participate with giving them the topics of their skits. Very fun. Jared should have gotten a clue then that I was strange. My mind was filled with clever things to yell out for the actors to use. Which they took for some reason. I yelled out "Nasal Spray!" one time and was flattered they used such an ingenious idea.
This date led to another the following week which started off with him being late, and the waiter at the restaurant pouring a pitcher of water on me. we then went back to his condo so he could show me his newly purchase condo and all of his trinkets. We had ice cream and jimmies(sprinkles). I lived with a family and the Mom always liked hearing about how my dates went and asked me to wake her whenever I came home. That night I informed her that Jared "was odd!" and that "I am not sure he is my type"
A month passed. Unbeknown-st to me my twin sister had been lying to Jared telling him that I was waiting for him to call me and that he better call mesoon. So about a month later I get a call. It went something like this
him: Hi Pam this is Jared
me: Jared who?
him: Jared Palmer you know we went out last month
me: silence and thinking, Oh, oh yeah Jared
him: Well I was calling because I wanted to come over and personally apologize for not calling you the last month
me: Huh?!?
him: I have class till 10:30 this evening can I come over afterward?
me: Sure, that would be fine ( I totally thought he was not going to show up) See you then
I gave him the address
him: Okay bye
Around 10:45ish he arrived. I opened the door and I was plesently surprised. He looked a lot more handsomer than I had remembered. I sat on the couch and he sat across from me on the floor in front of the coffee table and we talked til after midnight.
We went out again sometime within a couple days after that visit, and then another date a day or so after that.
The date that sealed it for me was when he had asked me to travel with him to attend his cousins baptism he was speaking at. His extended family was huge and they were all so loving. I felt like I was apart of their family. When he spoke there was such a strong spirit that was present.
I remember I was not feeling well and on our travels up I told him I wasn't feeling well and if it was okay if we didn't talk. The silence was very comfortable. He wanted to make sure I was okay and offered to take me to a little diner for some soup before the baptism. He was very thoughtful and considerate. On the way home he said to me as we approached the exit off the freeway how he wanted to drive slower so that he could spend more time with me. I just felt so super special and that he appreciated and accepted me for me. He actually liked my strangeness.
Next week stay tuned for details of the first kiss! OOH-LA-LA


6 comments:
I love this. Really? I have to wait until next week? Blast.
I love that you beat me to this....the whole writing down the courtship.....I seriously was just thinking about it tonight as I was making dinner. Funny how we think about doing the same things....I LOVE being a twiner with you:-)
p.s. do you think it would be weird if I did it now that you did it??
Aw!! What a sweet guy!!! I'll be looking for the big kiss story!
How cute! No wonder you guys are in a great place financially...he buying a condo in college and you being Ms. Frugal! I am surprised that he didn't call you sooner because you are awesome and I'm surprised that you didn't think he was cuter from the start. You guys are a perfect couple. I love hearing about how it all started.
Denise, trust me when I say our real estate endeavors have not been anything close to being profitable :)
That was fun to read. I had no clue how the two of you met. Maybe blind dates are good after all ;)
Post a Comment