(picture from LDS gospel art kit)So why is this?!? Are my husband and I not doing enough in teaching them? I feel like I make a point to teach them this concept, and yet it still is a struggle. I have learned, though, that they eventually "get it!" and that it never is in my timetable.
So I guess I will just continue and be consistent even though it can frustrate me at times. I bet that is how God feels at times with us, "Why can't they get this already?" "I sure love them though, I will just keep reminding."
So I guess I will just continue and be consistent even though it can frustrate me at times. I bet that is how God feels at times with us, "Why can't they get this already?" "I sure love them though, I will just keep reminding."


4 comments:
Well the answer here is pretty easy...they are children. They don't know, on a personal level, why they are being reverent and more than that, they probably can't hold that still. Their little bodies just won't let them. Josh turns 12 this year and he still moves around like Stevie Wonder at the piano. I seriously doubt Heavenly Father expects perfection in prayer at this point in their lives. :)
I saw Emma at school today. She may not sit still for prayer, but she is a little angel at other times. I think you are doing wonderfully.
Oh my my! This describes our family prayers, too! Wiggly doesn't even describe it -- it's like suddenly it's time for gymnastics, break dancing, opera singing, yodelling and making imitation bodily noises. You know when I think they finally figue it out? About when they leave home. Then we'll finally have some peace and quiet :)
This made me laugh, because I remembered when you were about 14 and I was at your house during a family prayer. You and Wendy had the giggle so bad. Let's just say the reverence could have been better but I'm still giggling. What's family prayer without a few interruptions?
Post a Comment