You know how I talked about last Friday that I got to go to the School for a Mother's Day muffin breakfast with Sera and she squeezed me and smothered me with hugs and kisses. Here is a little evidence. I am going to savor all I can get!Mother's Day this year was great! The girls showered me with cards and wanted to be near me all day to make sure it was a good Mother's day. Sera woke up early to put together a re-gift collection of a play hairbrush, and one of those doodle pads. She was soooo excited to give me her presents. Emma made this cute flower pot with a flower pen in it. Lucy conjugated a card with various word letters that talked about how much she loves me and appreciates me. She verbally translated for me:) Kady gave me a back massage. Loved it!
With the help of Jared they made me breakfast. As the girls sat around me before I ate, I offered a blessing on the food, I couldn't help but thank the Lord with great emotion for the wonderful gift of being a Mother. Kady came up to me afterward and took her cute little fingers and said as she wiped a tear from my face "Sad Mommy?" I told her I was not sad but so happy I am a Mother.
At church, Jared had planned on having all of the women meet 15 minutes before the end of our 3 hour block to address us. He summoned in the help of the men and young men of taking care of the primary children, so this could happen.
He talked about how he had thought about how he wanted to address us. He said something like"I thought about those who may have had bad childhoods and how I could tell you to just get over it but thought that would not be the best way to start, or those who may be having difficult times right now, and to just over it, it is a apart of life, but thought that probably would not go over too well either" He then proceeded to tell us how wonderful we all our and then serenaded us with the help of 2 other men, with the song "Walk Tall You're A Daughter" It was wonderful!
They then handed out a cute little bag that had 3 Lindor chocolate truffles in it with a nice message. I think this is what he had been dreaming and stressing about last week.

"In the Lord's language, the word Mother has layers of meaning. Of all the words they could have chosen to define her role and her essence, both God the Father and Adam called Eve "the Mother of all living" and they did so before she ever bore a child. Like Eve, your Motherhood began before you were born. Righteous women were endowed premortally with the privilege of Motherhood. Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. it is the essence of who you are as women. It defines your very identity, your divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us. For Mother is the word that will define a righteous woman made perfect in the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom, a woman who has qualified for eternal increase in posterity, wisdom, joy and influence."
Jared got home early and made dinner. I enjoyed my hamburger! He made my favorite Marie Calender pie (Razzelberry) for dessert. It was a wonderful day for me.
I know that not all women like Mother's Day for various reasons. I really loved what this blogger wrote about Mother's Day. I really like her style of writing, she just says it like it is.


1 comment:
What a fab day! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment