Thursday, May 27, 2010

Why Mother's go crazy

Last week for art I got creative and took what I had and created a water table. It was going to get up in the high 80's that day.

I needed to get a lot of work done in the yard and knew I didn't want to have the kiddie pool unattended while I was out of their sight. I came up with a simple solution. I took 2 picnic table benches and a kiddie pool and loaded the pool up with empty ice cream pails and empty shampoo bottles from our recycle box and cups and the girls played for hours.
This way they could stay cool but I didn't have to worry about them drowning, or peeing the pool. When Emma and Sera got home they played for 2 more hours. Love it!






While I took a break I brought out the camera to record their fun and one of the snippets was this little video that explains why Mother can go crazy at times. I felt like I was in Bill Cosby Himself , where he says "Stop it, stop it stop it!" After I caught this, cough cough, rare moment on digital, I found myself asking Lucy to "come here, come here, COME HERE!" to explain why it is important to stop when Mommy say's stop. I laughed to myself after this incident, pondering the wonderfulness of "brain damage!" One of the many fabulous things we get to learn about and from.

Luckily this was just a little hiccup in the day, but is it not frustrating for a parent when a child is young and they choose to ignore you. I know they can hear me, because I do what I call the cookie test. If I am being ignored and I need their attention I simply say, rather softly I might add, "Do you want a cookie?" And by golly all of the sudden they can hear me. They never get a cookie of course, I just want to have a feeling that their ears do indeed work.

It is a good thing they are all so cute to me and that I love them sooooooo much!

2 comments:

Denece said...

Oh to have warm weather!

Adrienne said...

Oh Pam how I adore you. The water table is a stroke of genius as is the cookie test! I love it.