
Saturday on the way to the library the girls were oooooing and awwwwing over a dog that was riding in a car next to us.
"Isn't it soooo cute Mom?"
Me: "No!
Girls:"How come you think that it is not cute?"
Me: "Because it means extra work I am not willing to commit to that!"
Girls: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Well when you have a pet you have to clean up it's poop and play with it and take it for walks and feed it, and I already have enough people that I get to do that for that the thought of having a pet is not appealing! When you grow up and have children you probably won't want pets either!"
Emma: "Well when I grow up, I'm going to live on a farm and I will make my husband do all the work!"


3 comments:
Smart girl...hope that works out for her!!
Aren't we so kind:-) I say the same thing....so Amen to what you said to them!
oh yes... my same reasoning about pets! And Christmas lights outside the house, and really any holiday decorations at all, and decorating birthday cakes, and... how many ways can I save time and energy???
Post a Comment