Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Epitome of thoughtful

Emma is the epitome of thoughtfulness! It truly amazes me, her capacity to look beyond her own circumstance and reach out to others. I am grateful for her gentle reminder of how to be thoughtful to everyone.

She is a natural caretaker. And although Sera can push her buttons like no other, they still are there for each other. These two can fight like cats and dogs, but when there is harmony, it permeates to everything that is surrounding them!



Being the oldest child is not always the easiest. Often times than not, the oldest child is like a practice child for the parents before the subsequent children come to the family. A seasoned Mother said in jest, "Oh if I could just throw away the first 2 kids, then I would have been a perfect Mother!" I take by what she meant by this is that we tend to make most of our parenting mistakes with the first 2 kids, because hopefully by the 3rd or more child you have figured out what works and doesn't work. I am grateful for Emma's forgiving spirit.


This is Emma reading a book to a very attentive baby Lucy
She really does know how to captivate others when she reads




Emma is very conscientious about her surroundings. At school she doesn't hang out with any particular crowd, she is friends with everyone. She has friends from kindergarten all the way to fifth grade. If she has met you and she has learned your name, she will remember it for the rest of her life. This is a gift she has that helps others feel special. If someone is being bullied, she will do her best to stick up for the person. She will very bluntly tell the bully that what they are doing is not right. I have been told I was being a bully on more than one occasion, and rightfully put in my place. Thank goodness for her sensitivity to what is right and wrong. It certainly blesses my life.

Emma holding baby Kady

Is there anything better for a Mother to see than to behold her children adore their siblings? It is one of my most favorite things about Motherhood. Capturing the essence of love! Emma has always been a great helper with her sister's. If I ask her to help with them she always responds with an "yes I will help!" I feel bad for her at times because her sister's are not always as willing to let her help them. But she works through it like a pro and more times than not is able to convince them to let her help them. She especially adores Eliza right now. She is finding it more difficult to hold her as Eliza is very wriggly.



Emma snuggling baby Eliza
I have a chart with different responsibilities we all rotate doing weekly i.e vacuuming/sweeping, clear table area, load dishwasher, unload dishwasher, clean living room/ family room. This week Emma is in charge of the table area. Last night after dinner, she decided to work extra hard in scrubbing that table clean and making sure the floor around the table was picked up. She did this for a surprise for me. I didn't notice until after the girls were in bed. Do you know why she did this? She told me this morning. She said, " Because I knew it would help you out!"
Thoughtful? Indeed yes, this Emma is thoughtful!

It is such an honor and blessing to be able to know such a fine person.

5 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

AWESOM post AGAIN:-) I absolutely couldn't agree more!

Sarah said...

She really is an awesome little person, from the beginning!

Happy Mom said...

What a sweetie!

Denise said...

What a sweet post. And, she really does make people feel special. She makes me feel special every time I see her, especially in the halls at Martell.

taradon said...

What a sweet girl!