One of my most favorite sounds to listen to is children giggling. It will instantaneously kick a fowl mood out and welcomes a happy one!
Maybe that explains, when I remember to, why I will do my best at encouraging laughter in our home, because it truly is a balm for my soul.
Whether it is dropping everything on my to do list and putting on some wacky music and dancing or making up some kind of song that is relevant to the situation.( i.e people are whining and I will start to sing in some silly opera voice "Oh how I love when I hear children being happy, oh soooo happy") it will inevitably change all of our sour attitudes and, what do you know, laughter and happiness is in abundance.
We won't talk about the times I forget to be the creator of a happy environment. Only because you know what I am talking about and well frankly I repent and then try to forget about those moments and move on. Why dwell on it. It is not healthy on so many levels.
My motto for myself is "As long as I am making more strides forward than back then I am doing a great job!"
As Mothers I feel that we can be a little too harsh on ourselves. If we were to just step back and LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE we would recognize and realize that we truly make so many more good strides than we do bad.
Focus on the positive, self-evaluate in a good way, and if there are changes that need to happen, instead of sulking about it, do something about it! You will find that you will be freed from unnecessary guilt and suffering.
I am thankful for the many time I remember to giggle with the kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Her eyes look so huge in this video! Isn't this a fun age?
Post a Comment