Friday, March 5, 2010

Organized Destruction

It will be 8 years at the end of this month when we bought our home. We have a cape cod home about 1875 square feet. I felt it was the perfect starter home. We moved away with 2 kids and when we moved back we had 4. We had 2 renter families those almost 2 1/2 years we were gone.

When we got back unfortunately our home was not how we had left it. So for the past 2 years we have been gradually working on re-doing rooms on our list of what we feel needs to be done. We don't go into debt for things, so we have saved and then done. Which is why it is a slow process. But it is so much more rewarding in the end. Our last big demo project was the down stairs bath.

My friend Amy came by Wednesday evening to help me start the demo on the upstairs bathroom. The before pictures are from 2005 before we moved, and pre-renters. The bathroom needed to be re-done then but it was not in the budget.



It was more evident when we started demolishing and realized the people who lived here in years past just sorta slapped things together.



Yes this is a sewing pin holding the wall paper together

So this is stage one of our demolition process. We will rip out the rest of the walls and ceiling sometime this coming week. Possibly the floor and tub if we have enough space in the trash cans. I fancy organized destruction!

6 comments:

taradon said...

Looks like a big project, but I bet it will be beautiful in the end!

Reed's said...

Pam, you guys are amazing. I don't think I could do a project like that. Love ya.

Denise said...

Seriously, when do you find the time?

Pam said...

At night when the kids are in bed is when I find the time. It really is fun and a great stress reliever to tear down walls!

wendy said...

Regarding your question "do we travel the speed limit on those open roads". YES, for the most part. You have to rememberSohere are animals about, and hitting a deer , elk, or moose over 80 mph is like hitting a brick wall. So you have to be a little careful.
BUT --=it is fun to drive down THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.

I can't wait to see the continuing progress on the bathroom.

That Girl said...

I have un-Christian feelings towards your renters. Hrumph.

(Sera looks so good!)