This certain someone is my husband. Because of my lack of sleep last night, due from his talking and wanderings, I have not been very kind to him today. Giving him scowled looks and being snippy with him. You know what his response has been. Laughing hysterically at me. Yeah I have a funny husband. And I am thankful for that. I am thankful he doesn't take things personally and too seriously. It is a good thing he has a home full of women then, because life will not be easy for him in the coming years for him if he chose to be a serious person.
So thank you Love, for laughing at me when all I want to do is give you glaring evil looks because you interrupted my precious sleep hourly last night.
I wanted to tell a quick story about the above picture. This picture was taken when we lived in Scottsbluff Nebraska.
Jared came home from church meeting one Sunday and we were talking.
I stopped him and asked "why are your eyes not blinking at the same time?"
He responded by saying "what are you talking about?"
Me: "You can't tell that your eyes are not blinking at the same time? Go look in the mirror."
By this time I was laughing so hard and he was too.
Him: "That is weird, why would that do that?"
Me: "I don't know but your mouth looks weird too when you move it. Maybe you are having a stroke or something"
Him: "I will be fine."
We continue to laugh so hard we are crying because his eyes would not close at the same time and his mouth was slanted.
He did go to the doctors and they diagnosed him with Bells Palsy. This was at the beginning of the week.
Later on in the week he conducted a funeral for a member of our congregation. He was the Bishop at the time. Back up a little bit. When Jared did his first funeral he made the mistake of singing at it. Hence all of the elderly people in the congregation told him that if he was still around when they died that they wanted him to sing at their funeral. Fast forward.
He was asked to sing at the funeral. He also conducted it. The whole time I am sitting in the back watching half of his face move and the other half not and having a terrible time trying not to laugh. This affected his speech as well. The members were unaware that he had been diagnosed with Bells Palsy earlier in the week.
So after the services I am leaving and I was talking with some friends. I was telling them how Jared had been diagnosed with Bells Palsy that week. Their eyes lit up and they chimed in. "Oh I was wondering what was wrong with his face, I thought maybe he had gone to the dentist or something" We got a good laugh.
I guess my point in telling this story is we could have easily gotten overwhelmed with his condition, but we chose to have fun and relax. This life is meant for trials and upsets. It is not always going go the way we planned. But if we put our trust in the Lord and submit our will to His will, then we will have joy in the midst of trial. I am really grateful for that certain someone who reminds me of this in subtle kind ways.


4 comments:
Great guy! My man's sense of humor is one of my very favorite things about him. It's such a blessing in our home!
At least he just looks for chocolate in his sleep. Bryant practices anesthesia on me - tries to give me shots, keep me from falling off of the OR table, puts his fingers over my eyes to keep me from waking up during surgery. Obviously there are no sharp objects anywhere near our bed. :)
Wow! I would have been a mess if that happened to me. He's quite the trooper.
It's great that you have a good perspective. With a lack of sleep, sometimes that hard to have.
Cute. I am impressed that he still sung after the diagnosis. The human body does some strange things sometimes. I hope you went out and got the man some chocolate today... (Maybe he was looking for chocolate to give you on Mother's Day.)
Post a Comment