Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wetting The Bed

Holy cow! (That is not in reference to the state of my body right now) Did May just fly by or what? Actually how about the last 5 months.

Anyway- So my story for this Sunday is more on the personal side. As a child I wet the bed. I think until I was close to 6. I could have been older but we will say 6 cause that sounds better than 7 or 8.

This caused me a lot of anxiety. I couldn't sleep over at my friends homes because I didn't want to have "an accident" at their home. I think my Mom just put diapers on me at night.

When I was, I think, in kindergarten my Mom wanted to try out this product. It claimed that before a child started to pee in the bed it could detect that the child needed to go to the bathroom so it would sound an alarm to awake the child in time for him/her to make it to the potty in time before peeing all over the place.

This worked great for my twin sister. She learned quickly. I, on the other hand, had a more difficult time waking up, since I was apparently a really deep sleeper.

One night I didn't wake in time. I awoke to a lot of pain on my side. So I pulled myself out of bed and dragged myself to my Mom and told her my side hurt really bad. It was still dark out. She kindly told me to go and lay on the couch and she would check it when the sun got up.

Well to her surprise she found 2nd degree burns on me. The contraption apparently had gotten sick of being peed on and short circuited and electrocuted me. My Mom felt terrible. We went to some kind of doctor they took pictures and fixed me up and then sent the pictures to the company.

Funny thing is I stopped wetting the bed after I got electrocuted.

7 comments:

The Molen's said...

I can't stop laughing! LOL! Not the wetting the bed part, the part where you were electrocuted! I too, peed the bed Pam....I won't tell you till how old. My bladder was too small for my age.......but I was never electrocuted! That's it......shock collars for the kids for Christmas. I predict many problems solved! Pam..you crack me up!~

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh, you are so funny! I miss that.

Denise said...

I will make sure to give electrocution a try should we ever have that issue at our house :0)

Happy Mom said...

That is hilarious!!! Oh, I so understand the mother guilt!

I LOVE that you quit after the electrocution therapy!

Harmony said...

You poor kid! That is really sad and really hilarious, too!

Marcia said...

Oh my! I've heard of those devices but have never tried them. Now I'm too scared to try!~

Rachel Sue said...

Well, I guess it really worked! :)